Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Jupiter –The Meteor Song


Jupiter –The Meteor Song/ Life Is Getting Better Every Day-Parlophone R5967 (1972 UK)

...More songs that sound like The Move. I guess I could start a whole series based on Move-soundalikes with The Casuals Tara Tiger Girl being an outright leading contender. But lo and behold, straight from my doormat, comes this John Goodison opus (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-goodison-p80954/biography) which more than borrows from Blackberry Way. A strange record for 1972, it could have easily have come out 4 years earlier, but it’s a charming piece of Psych/Pop fluff nicely grounded to a pseudo Stomp beat. The B side is more of the same with more Move moves on the chorus...

Hear a full version of The Meteor Song



Hear a full version of Life Is Getting Better Every Day

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been searching for this song since 1972 that was the last time I'd heard it.Great to hear it again

Unknown said...

I remember this song being played on Radio Luxembourg in summer of 72 I tried to buy it but retailers were not able to trace it. Great to hear it. I too gathered unusual tracks from the 70s. Best wishes.