Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zekes –Leaving You


Zekes –Leaving You/Box-Beverly Hills 9353 (1970 US)

Both sides of this Zekes single are prime examples of Californian Neanderthal heaviness with slight fuzzed-up psych tinges. I think this was their only release, but  I seem to remember that  there was a link to some 60s Garage band, but that info is somehow lost in the fog...Sounds a bit like a West Coast Grand Funk. File somewhere between Sir Lord Baltimore and Bang.

Hear a full version of Leaving You



Hear a full version of Box

3 comments:

Andy said...

Nice one! I was tempted to take a chance on this one but I guess I'm playing it too safe. Mind if I borrow a sound clip?

Robin Wills said...

No problem...Another great win was the single by Inside and The Brood "The Roach"

Anonymous said...

This is right up my alley, top stuff, especially the B-Side which has the best diz-bustin' fuzz tone this side of "Kingdom Come" by Sir lord baltimore.
The A-side reminds me of all the bands you mentioned with the overall effect coming off a bit like Power Of Zeus.
Was this their only release?
Keep up the great work, it's very much appreciated.
Best wishes,
Sir Lord Balamory :)