Thursday, June 03, 2010

Zakatek –Get Your Gun



Zakatek –Get Your Gun/Gotta Runaway –Bell 1335 (UK 1973)

Preposterous and overblown ode to the plight of the red man as only an English middle class white woman could write. Get Your Gun makes The Garnets' Indian Uprising sound positively credible and insightful!
This was Lenny Zakatek’s second single after being discovered by Linsey De Paul and it packs an incredulous punch. Dig the arrangement, sentiment, and spoken interlude... what an opus. Lenny is still playing these days, but I can’t quite imagine him singing this one as an encore, then again I could be wrong...


Hear a full version of Get Your Gun







Thanks to Ram for the photo of Lenny. Taken from the German issue of the single...

4 comments:

King Klawng said...

Always a delight to see a new post - just about everything you post makes me happy and gets my head bobbing. Thanks!

RAM said...

Wow! Thank you! This has made my day!
I notice though, that the cover photo for this song and the German version "Roter Mann" (Yes, he sang in German) is not shown. Do you have it? If not, would you like a .jpg copy of it? It is of Lenny dressed as a Native American! :)

You can take a peak at the photo here on the youtube page I created for Lenny:

http://www.youtube.com/LennyZakatek

It's on the bottom left hand panel.

RAM said...

By the way, how did you come about with this bio? Fantastic!

Robin Wills said...

Hi Ram
Please forward the jpg and I will upload it.
The bio came with the single...
All the best
Robin