Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Portrait –Sh-Sh-Sheila


Portrait –Sh-Sh-Sheila/Hurt Bad By Love –CBS 4520 (1969 UK)

Sh-Sh-Sheila is a Cool number that jumps around much in the same manner as U.K JonesLet Me Tell Ya or Goodbye by The One Hit Wonders. I guess it makes sense as a pure product of ’69 as it has a Jerk dance stance with bubblegum overtones, a Kingsmen/ Who riff and a pounding pre-Glam handclapped beat. Both songs are written and performed by Derek Savage and John Turner who would release Your Mother Thinks I’m a Hoodlum as Savwinkle and Turnerhopper (see review November 10th 2008) on Pye the following year.

Hear a full version of Sh-Sh-Sheila


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is intimidatingly well-versed. I am so glad I came across it through Doug's -- Thanks for the wealth of awesome tunes & history!

Seriously, this is like a candy store for me.

The Adolescent 46 Year Old said...

This too is excellent.

Anonymous said...

An All-Time good song