Thursday, July 20, 2017

New World Act II - One Man's Love





New World Act II - One Man's Love/Anywhere -Har-Money DG-102 (1968 US)

Apart from Har-Money being a small Hollywood label, I couldn't find any more on this amazing heavy gem. The year is 1968 and One Man's Love is a bestial dirge featuring whips and chains accentuating the thudding beat on a tune that sounds like an S&M Blue Cheer covering Feathered Fish with a vocalist sounding like a Cro-Magnon Arthur Lee or Sean Bonniwell...Totally incredible

Hear a full version of One Man's Love


5 comments:

Batman Nick said...

Amazing song. Really wanna know more on these dudes! Thanks for sharing

Graham said...

A striking piece. I'm now wondering what the other side sounds like. As with the previous commenter I hope that more comes to light on the band at some point in the future.

Anonymous said...

I'm Ronnie Jones, I sang on this record. The owner wrote the lyrics, Joe Conneley, played lead guitar and came up with chords , I just sang the lyrics to the chords. We were in Hollywood, the office was on Sunset Blvd......Joe's brother was the bass player for the surf band 'Surfaries' (spelling?) He got me in to a band , for thr first b time...

Anonymous said...

I still perform, and have since picked up guitar ...Im in the S.F. Bay Area, Thanks for tge Kind words

Robin Wills said...

Hi Ronnie thanks for commenting. There is a lot of interest in this record and your band - can you get in touch via email? purepop1uk@yahoo.co.uk Robin