Sunday, November 07, 2010

Volt Rush Band –Love To You


Volt Rush Band –Love To You/Love’s Gone Today –Red Rock 101 (1977 US)

Try a blindfold test on this one...The fuzzed up guitars could place the recording in Texas circa 1967 (there is a mention on the web of this sounding like The Moving Sidewalks –which is true), the energetic vocals and lead guitars have a certain Detroit 1970 feel to them and the recording techniques and energy levels come close to an undiscovered 76 Punker. Anyhow during its short running time, Love To You pulverises with its dual blitzing lead guitars, cutting riffage and high velocity delivery.There is no information to be found on this act, the B side is soft rock and has no relation to the A side- there is nothing quite like lost love to deflate a performance... Information please!

Hear a full version of Love To You

10 comments:

EXPO67 said...

What a great find!! Wish I could help with this one. I've checked my reference guides and came up with nothing?

Anonymous said...

Incredible stuff, thank you. exploiting plastic inevitable!

RexMick said...

With respect to Volt Rush Bands "Love to You" They hailed from Ottumwa Iowa in the late 1970's..The great guitar work was done by one individual, Steve Morris a.k.a. "Volt' He used a Les Paul Standard and a Marshall amp. The singer was Calvin Rush. The drumer was Jim Chasie and the Bass player was Steve Stainer, a.k.a. "Big John" I should know, I am a band members cousin and I have all their recordings...

Robin Wills said...

Hello Cousin
Thanks for the info. Was anything else released, if so I would love to hear...Thanks

RexMick said...

Unfortunately there were no more releases. They did however record their work on a reel to reel in the studio. That is the work that friends and family have along with the forty five.

Dave Sharman said...

Finding this site is killing me. How can I have missed out on so much fantastic music,not even knowing of it's existence? And of course the fact is I'll probably never get to own any of it as it's all so obscure. Damn,I'm depressed now...

Anonymous said...

They did a great cover of "dear prudence". I saw them live a few times in a bar in Eldon Iowa, The Dark Horse Bar.

Anonymous said...

love, love, love volt rush. and the dark horse, its like a dream. good times with good people.

Kurtis Golias said...

Hello i am steve morris's family member (his sister is my grandmother) and i would like to try to contact you if possible

Unknown said...

Volt rush band was great talent I grew up with volt my father Pat Wagner and Rex played together every Sumner my mom and dad took my brother and I to rexs house for the summer jam musicans everywhere all the kids spent the day playing in the pond. One if my favorite life memories