Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lennart Messagie & Dagleth –And I Love Her


Lennart Messagie & Dagleth –And I Love Her/Wake Up –Sugar Plum 84-17.002Y (1973 Bel)

Belgian Glam Pop combo with more than a sense of the ridiculous; catch these lyrics:
She’s missing an eye, she’s got a wooden leg
she’s only got four fingers and one big foot
she laughs like a beast and she talks like a dog…
And I love her, yes I love her, I love her like nobody else can do…

You’ve got to wonder about these guys’ sexual preferences, especially as one of their other singles is titled Sleeping With My Dog! Whatever the lyrical content, And I Love Her is a superb piece of melodic BubbleGlam, so catchy you can almost suspend belief as they sing: She’s not so bad, just got to close my eyes…
L M &D later evolved into Glam Popsters Hush (not the Australian ones as those guys most likely slept with dingoes…)

Click on title for a full version of And I Love Her


11 comments:

Mondo said...

There must be a bit of 'lost in translation' going on there.

Have you seen this album full of 'Pure Pop' style nuggets

Robin Wills said...

Boobs is perhaps my favourite of the Junkshop comps...full of classics

Anonymous said...

Boobs = By far the greatest .
BTW Robin , any info on the junkshop comp you were working on ?
- Brother Sean

Robin Wills said...

Soon soon, liner notes have been completed, the artwork is almost there, once I get an offical release date, I will tell all...

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Round 5 years ago I was looking for some info about that Belgian band without finding anything.
So from now on, it's done.
"And I Love Her" / "Wake Up" were produced by Louis de Vries producer of The Pebbles and by Fredd Bekky himself of THE PEBBLES.
By the way, you don't have any other information about their real first names and surnames ?
All the best from rocking Belgium,
Stephan Koenig
PS: you can have a look at my facebook profile...

Robin Wills said...

Hi I have 2 other singles by L.M&D (Make It Better and Sleeping with my dog). The You can Make It Better is written by C.Lennart, J. Dagleth , Sleeping with My dog is written by Messagie-Dagleth -so these aren't made up names. I also have the LP they made as Hush with several Lennart/ Dagleth compositions.

Anonymous said...

Their real names are Chris Leonard , son of the famous Belgian manager and impressario Bob Leonard, Marc Messagie ( died last year ) and John Dageleth, and believe me , there is no ' lost in translation ' going on ..

Anonymous said...

I feel great to read this on the internet because marc messagie is my father he died 4 years ago...

Robin Wills said...

Hi
Good to hear form you. Your mother got in touch a while back too...Anyhow I treasure my Hush and LMD singles

Anonymous said...

can you place the others 2 singles to?(Make It Better and Sleeping with my dog).
his full name is marc messagie born on 05/05/1953 en past away on 29/09/2006 he had cancer!!

he was my dad!!!
greets kelly from belgium
I hope soon for a respons

Robin Wills said...

Hi Kelly
You can find Make it Better here:
http://crazeekids-music.blogspot.com/2008/05/lennart-dagleth-you-can-make-it-better.html

I am sure someone else has posted sleeping with my Dog

All the best
Robin