Thursday, June 08, 2023

Eskees – I’m Free - Obscure US Glam/Powerpop (1975)

 



Eskees – I’m Free/I Sure Miss My Friends – Self- release (US 1975)

Here’s a real obscure one, but a really great track that veers between riff rock, Glam and Powerpop. They certainly knew how to recognise and maximise a hook to its best effect with slashing guitars

The band were based in Las Vegas, but were an outgrowth of a band called The Esquires (yes, yet another one) from Belvidere, Illinois. The Esquires released the Am I To Blame / Pretty Little Blue Girl single on Feature in 1967. Pat Glass who wrote both sides, joined the Esquires in 1969, then moved to Las Vegas with the band changing its name to Eskees.


Hear a full version of I’m Free


4 comments:

Sadness said...

thanks Robin. appreciate your time and huge effort for posting this..

Anonymous said...

You say 1975 in your description, but it says 1971 on the label?

Confused.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Great track, regardless of the year.

Steve

Robin Wills said...

B side had a 1975 copyright, the song was simply registered a few years earlier