Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bran Vattën – I Just Want To Rock and Roll You -US Proto Punk 1972






Bran Vattën – I Just Want To Rock and Roll You/ From Now On – Segué SG-113 (1972 US)

Released in 1972, here is a slab of high energy rock n roll by an obscure Pittsburgh area band.  It reminds me a bit of a budding early Kiss but without the histrionics. I Just Want To Rock and Roll You is a short, cutting and succinct Proto Punk Rock n Roller of the highest calibre. Produced by local DJ/Producer/Manager Terry Lee who was also behind The Swamp Rats and The Fantastic Dee-Jays, but I am not sure there is any lineage there. Bran Vattën had another single out in 1972, and that seems to be it. I look forward of hopefully hearing more about this band soon

Hear a full version of I Just Want To Rock and Roll You

2 comments:

Edbert said...

Awësomë!

Unknown said...

Why does this kinda remind me of Suzi Quatro?