Thursday, April 11, 2013

Utrecht Record Fair April 2013





So here we go again...Always hoping to make new discoveries whilst wading through box after box and crate of singles. I have no wants list as such;  purchases are solely based on opportunity and the mood at the time...so who knows.
Now I received the following comment on my Belgian shopping trip back in February. Of course it was sent by “anonymous”. It appears that this person feels I should refrain from sharing how I actually find this stuff. Now I am not going to write about my ebay purchases, but half the fun is the journey and digging for gems. I know my shopping trips have led to others making the trip to Utrecht as well as going to the record shops I have written about. So what do you think? Should I keep quiet? Could my ego take it? Anyhow here is the comment from the prat himself.


Anonymous said...
Don't you think it's a snobby ego-trip to post photos of records you buy? Nobody like you - the famous collector of obscure 70's 45s! WOW! Buy records - make trade/sell list - that's OK. But better keep posting details about obscure records with sounds on your great blog, than your shopping (ego)trips and comments about record shops. And what is an expensive used record? Used records have no price - the price is what the record collector is ready to pay.

7 comments:

Dominic said...

Wow, that guy is a hateful little man. Ignore his comments and continue to post whatever the hell you want.

Bhagpuss said...

Did someone force him to find your blog and read it? Is it any of his business what you post? Is he a customer you have to placate or please?

No, no and no. Post what the heck you want. It's your blog, not a public service. If people don't like a particular post they can skip it. Politely.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting Robin. Just ignore what that man said. Its great to read about your find of obscure records, and record shops and fair that we should be visiting. Keep up the good work and have fun in Utrecht!

Tom Erik

Anonymous said...

The guy is right, your whole blog is one big snobby ego-trip!
With kind regards, Jos

Robin Wills said...

Get on your bike Jos and ride into oblivion...

Anonymous said...

why do certain people have a tendency to take things dead serious? i always enjoy to meet you in Utrecht, find you easily approachable and appreciate it a lot that you don´t make a big secret of the records you buy. your blog always has been a great inspiration and often leads me in the right direction. collecting records should be fun! keep on doing what you do better than most!!!
Joe

Anonymous said...

It's your blog and one I love to read and listen to. Keep up the good work digging out the treasures.