Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sweeny Bean –Rock ‘N’ Roll Wedding


Sweeny Bean –Rock ‘N’ Roll Wedding/Overcoat –Sonet SON 2028 (1971 UK)
Rock ‘N’Roll Wedding is a dead simple and fun primitive Boogie workout. It reminds me of The Farm’s Fat Judy, but in a slightly tamer, less PC threatening mode. Fat Judy loses weight and gets hitched? Still the Moonshine had to be on tap all the same. I have absolutely no clue on the background for this one . I am hoping that they named themselves after the infamous Scottish Cannibal clan leader Sawney Bean (http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Scotland-History/SawneyBean.htm ) and that some typo gremlins sneaked in somewhere, but it could just be the name of some backwater moonshine brew...

Listen to a full version of Rock ‘N’ Roll Wedding


1 comment:

Muncaster Man said...

This is one of the singles I meant to buy when I first heard it but couldn't find a copy and then as can happen for me, it gets forgotten about. I've made a note to get a copy now even though they are scarce.

At the moment I keep playing it on Youtube just to get another dose of the rough hewn guitar boogie on offer. I may have heard it wrong, but near the end it seems there's a cymbal crash out of time (which remninds me of things I can hear in my own recordings that aren't quite in time/there!)