Sunday, January 28, 2007

Rococo –Follow That Car


Rococo –Follow That Car/Lucinda - Mountain TOP 9 (1976 UK)

Rococo were Melody Maker battle of the Bands finalists in ‘74 (under the name Brats) and Follow That Car is a glorious and deliciously overblown production with shimmering Lexicon reverbs and real LOUD car engine noises. It ends up as some form of Spector, Beach Boys and Progressive Glam (PRAM) hybrid. Some of the vocal inflections even recall Shirley Bassey !!!! and the keyboards could have come off late Eighties Brian Wilson solo work. Not sure why I love it so much and keep returning to it, but I do -Play it bloody LOUD!

Click below to hear this epic in its full glory

3 comments:

Collin said...

Pram Pop For Baroque People!

HowIsTheAirUpThere? said...

Fucking love that band

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for this track since 1976. I tried ordering from my local record shop back then but thought the band was called Rickoko and it always came back blank. I can now die a happy man.