Saturday, July 15, 2006

Norris The Troubadour Seaboard Coastliners –I Am Back From Vietnam


Norris The Troubadour Seaboard Coastliners –I Am Back From Vietnam / Mr. Guitar Man I know You Can -Mayhams Collegiate Records 765-65-9 (US 1970)

Hilarious single from the zany world of Norridge B. Mayham. This is one of those singles that I picked up on the strength of the title alone. I’ Am Back From Vietnam (Hold The Elevator My Baby Is Coming Down) is a deliciously amateurish performance with shifting tempos and an unusual song structure as the song just heads wherever it feels like going. Norridge has been in the business for over 30 years by then, click the link for full information on this guy.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I'm actually a fan of the flipside of this one, bouncy and inept at the same time. A real winner.